The title of this project comes from a faded advertising text on the side wall of Nieuwe Haven 105. At the end of 1924, it was placed on the facade by the then owner, ‘Unie Winkel Maatschappij’, also known as Unie Winkel. The municipality has written a piece about its history here.
Different owners, fires and renovations make it so that this ensemble of buildings was full of surprises. In many ways the buildings are working together but they are also different from one another.
A lot of time went into trying to understand the existing situation. Now the goals is to bring it all back into a union.
A part of this project is the Warande housing
For more info on that project click the link below